Sunday, November 19, 2006

Personal Fest 2006: New Order and Ian Brown

In the series of festivals that've organised in the last 2 years, this year's edition of the Personal Fest was by far excellent.
The day started with several local acts... the best of them Emmanuel Horvillieur with his mix between rock and funk.
Then, we got our first dose of Manchester that night with Ian Brown's show. A great performance with lots of classic songs such as F.E.A.R. and I Wanna Be Adored. Plus, the moment in which Babasonicos (which is one of our most popular bands) and Carca (which is one of our craziest indie musicians) was pretty much unique.
Finally, we got our second dose of Manchester which was stronger and even better... synth pop collossum: New Order. They gave the best live performance I've ever seen. The energy of the band was so intense... Barney dancing, Phil jumping, Stephen playing his drums and Hooky being typically Hooky (staying those extra minutes after the show ended just playing the bass alone and listening to the audience shout his name).
The planned playlist was extended so we got loads of New Order's epic songs and Joy Division's classics.
And the best thing is that I made it into the front row... right in front of Barney. I never thought I'd be so close to any of the No. members.
New Order is and will be always my eternal love.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angel_ said...

NiƱa, paso para que me veas mi blog, y me dejes tu opinion...
Saludos gratos
Angel

http://angelqueguarda.blogspot.com/

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home